Wednesday, July 19, 2006

random thoughts between blasts

A few posts back I talked about a short story that I like, Harrisson Bergeron. One of the characters is very intelligent and has a radio in his ear that blasts random explosions to break his train of thought. Needless to say, I feel like that guy. The blasts around here at work have slowed down a bit, so now they are even more unexpected. They also seem to be bigger. It's been tough to get into any kind of writing or planning at work because of it, but the good news is that there is an end in sight, and the foundation for the new building looks like it's ready to be poured.
*blast*
Meanwhile, I get a loud interuption, and get distracted, and it becomes very difficult to follow through on my intentions to write. Ha. How's that for a great rationalization? Mmm. Not a good one, actually.
*crash*
It brings me back to the reality of a dry spell. Absolutely nothing to write about that I am free to express. Reading between the lines--all kinds of wild and crazy things are happening, and I ain't telling it here. Gimme a call if you're that curious.
*thunderous roar*
On the homefront, all is well and winding down or winding up, depending on your metaphor of choice. School starts in less than two weeks. I think that's criminal. Vic hangs around for a few more, and then she's off.
*crash*
We have big plans to go to a nightclub opening in Ohio in September.
*boom*
I haven't even considered back to school shopping.
*blast*
I finished my textbook--Vicky posted it a lulu, but before I release it to the public I have to tweak a couple of sections. Hmmm. Maybe I need to do that tonight.
*powee*
I'm hungry and it's only 10:30. And, the explosions are getting scary again. I'm out of here for lunch just as soon as I can swing it.

This looks like a Batman episode. I'll just wax nostalgic about television in the sixties.

No comments: