Sunday, April 16, 2006

You can't beat practicality

Sometimes I am mortified by the things my children do. Frankly, I'm sure my own mother has horror stories about faux pas and other behaviors from me (and my siblings--my brother greeted our brother-in-law for the first time by blowing a burp into his face--but that's another story).

So tonight, we are enjoing a very casual Easter dinner. Very. Casual. The operative word here is casual.

We had a very pleasant day of nearly nothing, although I did attempt to tackle the sunroom, which was supposed to be a yard sale that never materialized, but that is another story,too. Anyway, a day of nothing. We slept late, had brunch at one, took some naps, and then I made dinner.

With a lovely collection of china and crystal, and several beautiful table cloths, we ate instead on the everyday stuff. Okay, that's fine for a family dinner. Except, that Christy felt that she was getting up too many times to refill the water glass, so--once again I remind you that we have a lovely assortment of crystal and other lovely serving pieces, including pitchers of all kinds--she felt it expeditious to use whatever was available.



A 2 quart measuring cup.

I would be embarrassed, if I was that kinda gal.

No comments: