Monday, April 17, 2006

Another Manic Monday


Okay, so quoting obscure chick rock from another lifetime. Nevertheless, it has been a rather manic day. Up and down, and all around. Let me first say that there's nothing like working full time to see what you're really made of--aka, I have done more today than all of last week put together.

For starters, let me just share a little bit of religiosity, that is, a guiding moment brought to me by the Blessed Mother. I was stuck in such a horrendous traffic jam, that I got off the interstate and took a backroad that only goes partway to my destination. I had resigned myself to being late for class (believe me, those poor guys would have just sat there until it was time to go--another tale for another day). So, I go this route that only gets me partway to work, and pop in the rosary cd, because, hey, I'm going to be lost in traffic for an hour. The cd skips, so I revert to the tried and true style: I whip out a rosary and use it! I am ambling along, praying and praying, when I miss my turn to get back onto the interstate. Ooops, very bad, as I really really don't know this neighborhood, and frankly, not all that interested in finding my way around....Right when I am going to pack it up and turn around to head into the nightmare on I-20, I see a road with the same name as where I work. Hmmm. Could it be? Yes!!! I found the rest of the way to my destination. Cue the dramatic music.

Incidentally, I was on time. Betcha didn't know the rosary had time altering qualities in addition to everything else.

After starting class and discovering that those ninnies hadn't done their homework (is this college?) and launching into a tirade about preparation, I ended the class and retreated to my temporary quarters. I love my little breakroom/office. Um, Greg, does that make it a broffice? Anyway, there's always coffee brewing, so I am a happy camper. I set up the gradebooks, reported no shows and other paperwork and red tape, graded papers, and then typed my Monday Musing (you can read it at Rosary Army) but I was a chicken to post from the computer at work. I'd rather not have them think I'm blogging from work, thankyouverymuch.

Then, off to visit my cubanita friend, Lourdes, at the county health office. Jonathan has been thrown out of school effective tomorrow if I don't have a certificate saying he had the chicken pox. How stupid is that? No worries, I got the paper.

Then, a visit to the school to deliver said paper, where I ran into my friend, Mr. C, who is a nice Jewish fellow, agitated by an idiotic kid who felt it was approriate to give the old guy the Nazi salute. That kid is a moron. I can't believe anyone would want to teach middle school today. I wish him a restful retirement. If he believed in purgatory I'd say he had served his time.

On to other exciting things---trying to track down Vicky's graduation announcements---paying the garbage bill (somehow, the bill got stacked in with who knows what, and those meanies left my garbage on the curb)....there's nothing more depressing than wheeling garbage back into the house. Yuck.

And it's not even 6 yet. I still have time to work on yard sale junk.

1 comment:

Greg said...

In your case you could also call it a "brubicle" or even a "breakible" since it is a combination of cube and breakroom.

But broffice will suffice, as well.