Friday, March 17, 2006

insanity reigns...

...what else is new?

I was just going to sit down and jot off something, anything, when I got what must have been the hundredth call today to put out a fire. So, I quit. You get what you get today, and consider it better than 12 on 12; this isn't contrived-- it isn't streamlined --it isn't edited. And the blasted dog is whining, to boot.

The last 3 hours of my day, a day that should have been relaxing, should have had me sitting back issuing orders on laundry and cleaning (namely, stuff I didn't want to do) has been filled with running around.

Let's start with an early morning shuttle to take Jonathan to his Magnet school interview. That went well. One would imagine that getting off on such a good note would work fine, no? No.

Next, as I'm making my second trip to the high school, this time with Christy all packed up for a very long day, we, or rather, she discovers that she doesn't have all the pictures she needs for a layout. Back into the house to search through her sister's computer to find the pics that she needs, never mind that it could have--strike that--should have been done the night before by the other sister, but that's a rant I am avoiding here.

Then, back at the high school, to drop off Chris and pick up Jonathan, who is nowhere to be found. A search party goes out, because a certain young lady is also missing. Hmmm. Another comment for another day.

Meanwhile, a desperate phone call from Ally, that the singer for the national anthem at tonight's LEAD conference has cancelled, and can we, that means me, find a replacement. So back into the school in search of the chorus teachers, who both look at me, look at each other, and look at Jonathan, and say, "He can do it."

So while Jonathan is practicinfg the Star Spangled Banner, Mr. Singleton is calling kids not performing in the program tonight, to see who can substitute, because although Jonathan would have could have sung, he had rehearsal for a play that opens on Wednesday, so he was going to be a last ditch just in case no one came through. Luckily, they found someone.

Then, the great pizza caper happened, because Christy needed lunch and dinner, and we had a whole pizza for her to split between the meals, and we couldn't find her, but we did all is well.

So here I am posting manically, just so there's a post, because god-forbid I should forget to post today, and hear the fallout from that.

And it's only 1 o'clock.

Have a nice day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria ,
I'm sure your manic.