Monday, March 27, 2006

Hurray, it's Monday...

...but little has changed. Tonight is Carmina Burrana, there's still lacrosse, and Show Choir, and The Secret Garden. See? I checked off a big thing from my list, but there's still a ton more. And of course, just in time for all these things to end we enter the cycle of end of the year programs, and this year has the excitement of Confirmation and Graduation.

I'll quit detailing my schedule, lest it sound like whining. The only whining I like is wining, as it goes nicely with cheese.

So then, what to post about?

The girls, of course, who came back from their retreat telling stories a mile a minute. There was the usual talk of retreat romances (Vicky has a stalker), recaps of the talks and the skits--all good stories. The real attention-getter, however, was the report on the Ropes Course.

My little girls were flying through an obstacle course 3 stories in the air!

It's a good thing I wasn't there. I might have embarrassed them by wanting to try it out. Evidently, though, it's a pretty scary experience. Both of them admitted to almost paralyzing fear. Why subject themselves to this?

It builds teamwork, and self -confidence, and trust. I think they were very brave to test their limits. Of course, I may be a little biased, but they're pretty good at those things already.

check in later for some pictures--vic said she'd send some along for me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oops...i totally forgot you wanted my memory card and i deleted them. sorry!! but i'll put them all into a folder on your computer when i get home.

hahahhaa....the joys of being productive in computer science...i get to read your blog!!

<3, vicky