Friday, July 06, 2007

Avoidance post # 247

I'm supposed to be editing Darknet. Please, don't anybody hold your breath. Instead, I first looked up "avoidance" on-line, and now I am going to share with you what I have found:

In avoidance, we simply find ways of avoiding having to face uncomfortable
situations, things or activities. ... Avoidance may include removing oneself
physically from a situation. It may also involve finding ways not to discuss or
even think about the topic in question.

Well, I suppose I'm doing that quite well.

Then, it says:

Avoidance is a simple way of coping by not having to cope. ... According to
the dynamic theory, avoidance is a major defense mechanism in phobias. Procrastination is another form of avoidance where we put off to tomorrow those things that we can avoid today.

Oh. So I'm afraid of finishing. That must be it. You might like it. Hmmm. You might hate it. You might think it is stupid, and poorly researched, and boring, and an awful story. You might think I'm stupid. Or a hack!

OMG! ! ! I'm having a panic attack. Must. Breathe. Deeply.

Yeah, thanks for stepping inside my head today.

We'll resume regular programming tomorrow.

note: you may check out the link to today's neurosis information here.

1 comment:

Rob Suarez said...

Whoa! Darknet is in the editing phase! Awesome! Congratulations!!!! Good job!