Thursday, June 14, 2007

The term is over and while I can't exactly say I have a bunch of free time on my hands, it does release me from the teaching and grading duties, so I hope to be able to pursue some writing over the course of the next couple of weeks. I've really neglected any significant posts here even though there were more than a few bloggable moments (such a cheesy thing to say, sorry).

Anyway, let's look at some really cool stuff that is happening around here. First, take a look at the countdown on the right side of this entry. Jaime will be ordained in 16 days. Sixteen days! How great is that? Yay, Jaime!

Next, of course, is the exciting release of Season One of That Catholic Show. It's available on YouTube, so you definitely should check it out. I'm working on a couple of scripts now, and it's the most writing fun I've had in a while. We'll be filming a scene this afternoon, so if you want to be in an episode, we sure could use the "extras."

Check out the links:
Episode One: Sit, Stand, and Kneel
Episode Two: Candles and Light
Episode Three: Night of the Living Catechism
Episode Four: Charity and Mercy

We've started painting the deck in the back yard, and that has turned into a mission. It's finally raining around here--not enough, but things are wet. Can't paint a wet deck. Sheesh. Yet another unfinished home project. I'm going to give it another try this evening, since it won't get dark for a while (unless of course, we get another thunder storm).

This weather reminds me of the way things were in Miami--a brief and violent thunder shower in the middle of the afternoon that soaked everything, and then--voila, out comes the sun and everything is back to the oppresive searing heat and sun of summer. Sometimes I get nostalgic about that, so I take a stroll down the produce aisle at Publix. There's no lightening, and the thunder is always the same, but I appreciate the light misting.

Well, that's all for the moment. I gotta go to a faculty meeting. I'm sure there's nothing significant to be said there; I suspect it's a headcount to make us come to work. Tee-hee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Maria. I'm finally done with exams. I got 10/10 on the Master Paper thanks for your proof reading! On Wednesday I go back to the USA. 2 more weeks!!!: )

Jaime