Thursday, October 19, 2006

feet are gross: and so are toes

So I'm sitting at my desk drinking my green tea (because there is no coffee-maker in the house---re Coffee Pot War of '06) and I got to thinking about what I could write. I wasn't going to post after all, so I got entertained by a game of Spider Solitaire. I can win at the hard level, which pretty much qualifies me to do...nuthin'.

Anyway, I've got a load of laundry in the dryer, so I can't go barefoot according to FLylady. Here I am--it's 9 pm-- I'm wearing my comfy flannel jammies, and I've laced up some shoes. She says we need to wear shoes so we know we mean business with the housework. I'm sensing an awful off-topic track here....and I move my feet and somehow WHOA! I catch my toenail, in the shoe, in the sock and I feel like there's some kind of Chinese bamboo torture attacking my toe.

I gingerly remove the shoe and the sock, to discover that my nail has somehow separated from the skin, only in a perfect little box, so half is disconnected and the rest is stuck where its supposed to be. Pain. Pain pain pain.

I figure, it's my blog, and you are the weirdos cuz you come here and read it, so why not share a real moment in the life. Here's a picture. It's the middle toe, and you can barely see what happened, but there's something about posting my toes here that makes me feel a bit self-conscious about a close-up. On second thought, this is going to be one of those posts I just should have let die.

No comments: