Monday, September 25, 2006

Cruising for some entertainment

Ran into this ad at YouTube because I've always been interested in how the media can take things from the past--movies, radio, whatever is archived, and bring it back to use in modern stuff. I loved how it was done in Forest Gump, and now they have captured Audrey Hepburn for a Gap Ad.

Just because I'm interested in it, though, doesn't mean I've made up my mind on it's artistic merit (ok, maybe I have, it's pretty cool) but it's availability as a free source is still up in the air. I think the younger generation feels free to use these resources more so than mine. I guess we are caught up in plagiarism and copyright uptight-ness, whereas they see it as something available and thus open game.

Anyway, the ad is cool, because, well, who doesn't love Audrey Hepburn and her signature black capris? And while I was there, I saw an Apple ad that I love for the message.

No comments: