Thursday, June 15, 2006

maybe I should post something, and update, add some news, I dunno, a generalized "hello" to the world

I slacked off here again. There seems to be a connection between productivity in other parts of my life, and the maintenance of this blog. Maybe that's a good thing.

Maybe not. Discipline for writing is writing. We know this. You can think about writing all day long, but if you don't do it, then all you've done is...thunk about it.

So, I've been filled with "technical" writing all this week. Hence, the briefness of these lines. Anybody notice that connection, too? No? Sorry, it's the writing teacher in me.

Anyway, I wrote 4 different curriculums (curricula?) this week, and now have a clean, neat desk in the presidential suite. Incidentally, A Power That Be's pops his head in the office the other day to remind me that I shouldn't get too comfortable there, and then in the same breath tells me it could be another term before I'm out. OK. And they say women send mixed messages. Which is it?

My prediction is that they will move me again in the next couple of weeks because I am starting to annoy them again with my infernal presence (imagine that! I actually keep office hours). Anyway, it seems they use the conference room and adjacent office a bit more than they anticipated. Also, I know when they go in there to use the bathroom (it seems to me that some things ought to be taken care of at home, barring some urgency[wink wink]).

Otherwise, I happy and content and other feelgood things about the place. I'm enjoying myself. And, I have a neat desk--maybe I'll get some other writing finished. Maybe. Don't hold your breath, now. But maybe.

No comments: