Saturday, May 06, 2006

I'm back....

OK, so the problem with not posting over several says is that I have nothing to say, or too much to say. How about if I just post some random thoughts from my week?


***

This from a Native American student: The United States has always had a problem with illegal aliens. Just ask the Indians.


***

As I leave campus at 10 pm, I am amazed at the number of students standing around waiting for the city bus at that hour of the evening. Makes me reconsider that my car is a convenience that I choose to own. It doesn't make me feel any better about spending $50 to fill the tank, though.


***

My mother, distressed over the numerous posts bemoaning the overwhelming nature of my laundry, has volunteered to do my laundry when they get here for the Confirmation/Graduation festivities. Thanks Mom, but things will get a bit ripe around here if I wait any longer.


***

Linda has hooked us up with the 5th season of The Gilmore Girls, and we're watching feverishly. I'm disappointed in Rory. I admit that I just don't approve of the way the series is going at the moment. Adultery=Bad. There are no extenuating circumstances. Yuck.


***

I realized today that I am older than the "older" students in my classes. Man, middle age just creeped up on me. This is disconcerting indeed. I remember lying about my age to make me older to the students in hopes of getting respect. Of course, in those days I paid the student price for lunch for a whole semester before 1) I learned that they were charging me less, and 2) the cafeteria lady heard me addressing another teacher by her first name and busted me.


***

On a hot day is there anything tastier than an ice-cold Coca-Cola out of the litte 8 ounce glass bottle?

No comments: