Tuesday, May 23, 2006

finally, an update

This blogging thing is way worse than jogging. It's awesome when you are in form and go do it every day, but just let one day slip by....BAM! who wants to run, uh, blog anymore?

My apologies to those who care. For the rest of you...whatever.

So here I am, in of all places, the breakroom at the college, trying to put my jumbled thoughts on paper before class. I still don't have an office. The Powers That Be are getting a bit annoyed by my presence, and tonight, the security guard that regularly hides in here was put off by my arrival. She had a tiny bit of an attitude. Ha! It would have been more fun if she had a BIG attitude, but she wisely huffed off, mumbling under her breath. I'm sorry there was no explosion. It would have been fun, doncha think? Maybe it would have worked in my favor.

Nevertheless, here I am putting in my hours. What a pain. Nobody comes to visit. Nobody wants any help. I'm giving a lot of F's this term. I wonder why? I don't bite.

Anyway, it's been a very wild week of activity around here. It started of course, with Christy's confirmation, but then moved quickly to Vicky's graduation activities and end of year programs bla bla bla. I shall post a tear jerker of an entry later. Tonight I'm just limbering up my fingers and trying to get back into the discipline of writing daily.

In random thoughts, I have a hankering for a banana split. It's rather warm in here, and dinner was rather unsatisfying. A banana split would do the trick--fill me up AND cool me off a bit. And it's yummy.

Yeah, that would be the ticket. Except, where would I find a banana split around here? I'm going to have to settle for a burned cup of coffee.

No comments: