Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Random thoughts


A little shout out to my friend Leonie in Australia, who in spite of my weakness in never sending letters, appreciates and understands the lost art of snail mail correspondence. I love to get mail (I know: one must send mail to receive it) but she nevertheless pops a card in the post to me every once in a while. This week I got a delightful package with a sweet card and a very funny book about the Darwin Awards. Very funny indeed. It is amazing there can be so many stupid people in the world, and while it is distressing to die tragically, how much more distressing to be captured forever in the Darwin Awards for doing the kind of embarrassing and stupid things recorded in the book. HAHA. Losers.

***

Another shout out to Yuyi! Come on board quick, girl, and get your blog going, too!

***

My brother is a moron, but he's a lovable moron. We play this little game, where he instant messages me a lot of neat little things to entertain me throughout the day. Silly pictures, games, whatever. Then, right when he has me hitting the links without reading the text, he nails me with something ... how can I put it? Offensive. Yesterday he really got me, because we had been on for a while without talking when he asks me to log out and then back in, so what do I do? Comply.

Why? Well he answered it for you. As soon as I logged in he sent me a link. To the dictionary definition of "gullible."

***

Jonathan is off to the regional science fair this morning. He's hoping to have a terrible judge that dislikes him and his project, so he can quit wearing a tie at the interviews. He managed to avoid shaving this morning, but I spied him putting gel in his hair. I'll update the results tonight.

***

A friend of mine introduced me to a neat project for recording her activities through out the day, so tomorrow, check in to see what going on.

In the meantime, here's some entertainment in honor of my brother:

http://images.southparkstudios.com/games/create/

No comments: