Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The latest insanity

I just ran across this article about women with long nails complaining that the iPhone is some misogynistic plan to exclude women from the technology.

Why? Because women (and men for that matter) with long nails have difficulty using the phone.

Um. Cut your nails, stupid.

I admit that several hundred years ago when I was young, getting a weekly manicure was on my list of "things to do. " A manicure. That means having nicely shaped, perhaps painted, definitely neat nails.

It does not mean looking like a circus freak. And yet, circus freak status seems to be the way to go with some folks. I can't count the number of times I've been distracted watching clerks with 2 inch nails try to maneuver a cash register.

Besides slowing the line, it's not even attractive. At. All.

No comments: