Sunday, November 04, 2007

The problem with NaNoWriMo

The problem with NanoWriMo is that I tend to use up all the words I have, and never get around to posting here. Couple that with the fact that I have a couple of other writing obligations (well, that's a strong word, but well, let's call them commitments) and I just never get around to here.

Not an excuse or a whine--just an explanation. I invite you to join NanoWriMo and you can read the novel in progress. I've already got several thousand words in, so we'll see how that develops. I think I'll post a word count on the blog like I did last year while I was trying to finish Darknet.

Essentially, I learned some things with that novel that I'm trying to avoid with this one, and I hope to have a better developed story. I think I had a good concept with Darknet, but the race to finish was greater than the content at the end, and so I'll work on that this go round. How to finish with the same energy I start with? Yeah, I'm thinking that if I can figure that one out, and sell it, I could be rich. LOL. Not.

anyway, I've put some energy into researching and gathering information for this novel, from a concept I had outlined a couple of years ago, so hopefully after such a long incubation period I will be able to produce something readable.

Now, I gotta get back to the story.

6,710/50,000

No comments: