Friday, September 22, 2006

Hungover, and no booze

Ok, so we went to the Ga Tech game last night, and I'm really dragging this morning. It's a good thing that McDonald's sells scalding coffee, because I bought a large gigumbous nobody-can-drink-this-size cup of coffee, and I've been refilling my human size cup from it, and the coffee is just now drinkable. I'm looking at the little warning on the size of the cup, "warning: contents may be hot." Duh. I'm wondering if there is even a word in English for just how hot those contents really are.

Anyway, had a great time last night. I announced my intention to abandon my post at the busiest point, halftime, to go see my retro-babe in her tie-dyed wifebeaters and painted pants. The show was cute, the drum major hysterical in a gigantic afro, and the wild part, the fans, caught onto the retro theme and dressed in ways that I can't describe.

My dreams came true, and Elvis came to my stand to place his order. Sadly, we were out of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches so he had to settle for a grossly overpriced Coke and a Jumbo Hotdog. Hate to say that the only jumbo there was the guy's paunch--he was really into the 70's Elvis. He chatted with us, and even serenaded me and another mom, so it made our third quarter. Vicky was lucky enough to be in the area (mooching food) and so got a picture with the celebrity du jour.

Then, Christy disappeared after Vicky smuggled her into the band section. Wannabe!!! She came back telling stories of some Budweiser song that I'll just pretend I didn't hear. Meanwhile, Jonathan and his buddies hawked drinks in the stands, but tips were meager at this game. They realized that there is a correlation between generous tips and level of intoxication. Evidently on a Thursday night, the students and alumni have not had enough time to really get a "nota."

Finally, had a visit with Jamers in search of free drinks [wink], and a disturbing conversation with Cecil about the lycra shorts he's going to have to wear for crew, and we were off, back home only to have to get up early and start all over again.

No comments: