Monday, August 07, 2006

Today's topic is ... feet

Yep, kind of a gross topic, even for me, but this morning I was startled into the observation because I had to wait about 10 minutes before I could get into my classroom. I was loaded down with stuff, so I I planted myself outside the room. There was nothing to do but people watch -- my favorite activitiy anyway.

And that's where feet come in. Feet are gross (tm). Some feet are very well taken care of, and others are just plain disgusting.

Let me share with you what precipitated today's bizarre rant. I saw a woman that was dressed up. She looked really nice. Then I looked down. She was wearing pretty leather flipflops, with pedicured toes. So far, so good.

However, the nails on her toes were so long, they curved over the edge of the sandals. GROSS! Who does that?

Of course, I spent the rest of my time observing.

  • some people have very flat feet. It looks like their feet splatter across the sandals.
  • some people should never expose their toes.
  • other people have very lovely feet that look like those perfect feet in ads.
  • some people have plain feet that are neither impressive nor offensive. I aspire to this category, as I think being nondescript in this aspect of my life may be the way to go.
  • people in heavy sandals have "gripper" toes that seem to lurch out like they are grabbing at the air. That's pretty funny to see.
  • and finally, some people have pretty dirty feet. I wonder if we should go back to the biblical practice of washing feet? For some, perhaps not a bad idea.
I think I will invest a little time in a pedicure. In the meantime, you can bet I'm keeping my feet under wraps.

No comments: