Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What do these three men have in common?

My honey, here on the right, suffers from the insane delusion that he looks like George Clooney. We let him believe it. After all, he WAS really really hot when I met him almost 30 years ago. Yeah, he was a cutie. I wouldn't trade him in though, because his bank account is a whole lot better at 50.

On the other hand, this fine gentleman on my left is George C. Scott. Another George, verily, but not as attractive, at least, not now. (actually, isn't he dead?). Anyway, today at lunch at that venerable eatery, Casa de Waffles, the waitress approaches Clooney Wannabe, and says, "You remind me of somebody famous. Yeah. George...." and she draws a blank. Vic, naturally, goes into an apoplectic coma, mortified at the idea that this woman might possibly say George Clooney, but my child is rescued--spared the emergency resuscitation machines when the waitress says, "George C. Scott."

Huh?

"Patton, " The Father deadpans. What? Whatever. There's no accounting for what people think.
I'll just cleanse my visual palate with the real eye-candy.

No comments: