Sunday, April 30, 2006

Air Hockey Rocks!!!!

I haven't played air hockey in many, many years. Ok, maybe add another "many" or two to that.

Nevertheless, tonight I was inflicting serious damage on the youth of our parish, who were unwittingly encountering an old lady that was whipping their butts. To my distress I actually heard one of the teens tease my opponent by pointing out that I am, in fact, an "old lady."

He's lucky I was concentrating on tearing up my latest victim, but I have my suspicions.

Anyway, here is the delightfully full-lipped Baker, pouting after I destroyed him on the floor. He thought he was gonna win, but he went down. Likewise for everybody else, too. And then, Michael had to challenge me. Interesting watching the young male psyche at work.

The way I figure it, it's a win-win situation for me. I'm an old broad, what's special about beating me? The real game is watching the fragile male egos going down.

I started aggressively, and jumped ahead, 3-0, but then I started getting sloppy. A series of errors led to a point for Michael, and then another one. I was sweating, but held on, and then another spurt by him, tying the game at 6-6. In the end, Michael banked an aggressive series of shots that got by me, scoring the final point.

I lost the crown. It's a good thing he's a cutie.

3 comments:

Linda G said...

You go squirrel! Show those boys how we do business downtown...old town, whatever.

Anonymous said...

sloppy eh? I hope we aren't using that as an excuse. You're lucky I let it get so close :)

Bego said...

hmmmm, as I was saying about egos....