Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday! That means it's almost Monday

Haha. I think I'll slow down today and take a break from the rat race. Actually, I will indeed take the day and evening off. The girls are going on a retreat, and Jonathan will be occupied with the play until after 9, so maybe I'll plan a quiet dinner at home, or John and I can escape somewhere, even if it's just fish sandwiches at McDonald's.

The play is going swimmingly well--if you consider the mishaps as just the regular standard operating procedure for a massive musical endeavor put on by 11-13 year-olds. No biggie, right? Just this week Jonathan fell off the stage into the seats (again--he did it once during rehearsal), sprayed CO2 into his face, and rescued a set that fell, by ad-libbing an entire segment that he wasn't in to hold up a wall.

Christy, my Samurai hero, had her butt handed to her again after another loss, this time to a hardcore, cursing, less than sportsman-like Catholic prep school team. Ok, so it's not fair to indict the whole school for a bratty kid, so I'll retract blaming the team, but fighting is tacky, especially with girls. note to parents: a Catholic school is only as good as the faith modeling you do for your kids--we as parents are their first and foremost teachers in everything. Nevertheless, building years are essential, it just sucks to be on the team when you are losing. I'm proud of the girls for working hard and keeping their chins up, and their sticks in the games until the end.

Meanwhile, congratulations to Vicky, who got another little scholarship, this one from the East Metro Georgia Tech Alumni Association. Go Vic! She's still not slowing down even though she admitted she's got "cabin fever." Yeah, she wants to get out of the house and start college. It'll be July soon enough. If she isn't busy enough, she's scored a Seussical T-shirt by turning pages for the pianist, an old friend from high school.

So, what are my plans for today? Don't you know me well enough yet?

I have a date with the washing machine.

No comments: