Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hello to my friends Mira and Jon

Just a little hello and welcome, and my condolences about the World Cup....

A week of excitement is coming up. Vicky just left for orientation at Tech, and tomorrow Christy goes in the opposite direction for a week at her favorite college, Oxford, leaving me to start classes tomorrow with no one to mock the weirdos.

Meanwhile, the men have been working non-stop on the basement, and while there is still a lot to do, there does seem to be an end in sight! I'd say about 3/4 of the way done with the big room. We did finish the garage and I'm parking my car in there again, but there's much to be thrown out still.

I gave up on the yard sale. I just made a trip to Goodwill, and a bunch of other stuff just got pitched. I'm amazed the trash guys took it up--we put out three containers over-filled. They are my heroes for carting it off.

Today's plan? More basement, and I have to prepare everything for the new term tomorrow. I've also been working on trying to show a slideshow within the post, but I have failed all attempts at html code (until Vic gets back) so here's a link to the Pastelito festivites. The long weekend in Miami, and then some shots back home at the horse park, waiting for the fireworks.

No comments: