Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm playing hooky, neener, neener, neener

Yep. So far, I've had coffee and danish at that fine dining establishment, Cholesterol Pump (uh, the place with the arches), scared Vic witless by waiting for her to get out of class to retrieve my phone (which was in her purse since last night at the Alumni dinner scholarship barbecue shindig), and then I zipped on down to the church to drop off some papers, and then home, to walk the dog and start, WHAT ELSE? a load of laundry.

Wait a minute. This is playing hooky? Not!

Due to some insane scheduling, I'm am not required to be at either school until this evening. How delightful. Sadly, the party ends this week, and as of Monday, I will be expected to keep some modified banker's hours, at least until I convince my new department chair that it's not such a great thing to be teaching in the evenings. Otherwise, whatever.

So what awaits me the rest of the day? Grading papers. Oh, and of course, the laundry.

This ain't hooky, it's purgatory.

No comments: